• AT & T is one of the oldest telecommunication service providers.
• It posses 149 billion dollars assets with the employees base of more than 1 million.
• AT & T brand is well known in the corporate world.
• Diversity in different the different communication sectors such as wireless, data, TV and landline.
• It is the largest communications corporate across the globe based on revenue.
• It gain 11 percent increase in earning per share according to the year 2008 income statement.
• AT&T is the biggest wireless carrier with 74.9 million customers
• Their customer base has increased almost 10 percent above the 70 million customer subscribers in 2007.
• AT & T wireless 3G networks is the fastest in the nation, allowing customers to communicate in more than 7
continents, 200 countries and 120 major cruise ships.
• Largest broadband service provide in US.
• Largest landline communication network in the US with 57 millions lines in service.
• AT & T landline sector is in loss, on average they lose 3.7 million customers each year.
• Cost of maintaining wireless and wireline networks are high.
• AT & T have massive amount of Debt.
• High healthcare cost of employee.
• Around 12000 Job Cuts in year 2008.
• Lower health care cost of employees.
• Expansion and update their wireless network to enhance the quality of service.
• Speedup the deployment of TV service called U-Verse.
• Progression in global business through investment in undersea capacity increased hosting capacity, and the launchof new services.
• Google entrance into the telecommunication market.
• Fierce competition in the Telecommunication market.
• AT&T will face in the near future is the threat of a strike among wireline employees.
• Fluctuation in world economies.
• Weather Changes can effect the wireless network