• Reported by Forbes as the largest company of 2009.
• The company has 3 23,000 employees.
• The company deal with huge number of products which include Genie, Aviation, Jet engines, Electricity,
Entertainment, Finance, Gas, turbines, Generation, Industrial Automation, Lighting, Medical imaging equipment,
Medical technology, Health informatics, Electric motors, Locomotives, Wind turbines, TV and motion pictures.
• GE has total asset of worth US$ 797.769 billion as per Company 2008 Balance Sheet.
• The company made number of acquisition in previous few years.
• Enjoying high revenues and profits.
• GE is the fourth most recognized brand in the world.
• The ge.com is the 20th domain to have been registered on August 5th 1986.
• It has four divisions namely GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, and NBC Universal.
• GE is one of the major computers company.
• In Fortune Magazine’s 2005 “Global Most Admired Companies” list, GE ranked first overall. (February 2005)
• In Fortune Magazine’s 2006 “America’s Most Admired Companies” list, GE ranked first overall. (March 2006).
• GE was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index as one of the world’s leaders in environmental, social and economic programs.
• GE ranked ninth on Fortune Magazine’s “50 Most Desirable MBA Employers” list.
• Strong Management and Culture.
• Excellent Research and development department.
• Operating in 160 countries
• Diverse product range
• GE is the 4th largest producer of air and water pollution.
• GE was charged by department of defense on corrupt practices for Jet Engines sales to Israel.
• In past misleading investors for high returns.
• Performing not very well in Asian markets.
• GE energy segment is under performing
• Research and development[large]
• Opportunity to invade china market.
• Mergers with companies
• Reduce pollution
• Improve customer service
• Aviation industry growth
• Currency fluctuations.
• Intense competition in the industry
• Recession in majority of countries.
• Government regulation on environmental concerns.
• Exposure to financial markets