Ford motors is one of the leading Vehicles manufacturer and prestigious brand in the automobile Industry.
• It is the fourth large automaker in the world.
• Ford has good market share in Europe.
• Ford occupied seventh rank American based company in 2008 Fortune 500 list.
• In 2008, Ford produced 5.532 million automobiles and employed about 213,000 employees at around 90 plants and
• Ford received initial quality survey award from J.D Power and Associates in year 2007.
• One of the best known brand in the world.
• The online Web site of ford attracts at least 11 million people annually.
• Ford motors develop vehicles under several names.
• Manufacturing facilities in more than 30 countries.
• Ford motors sales better quality vehicles.
• Good relations with employees by offering better work environment and competitive wages.
• Ford supports racing teams which include NASCAR, Formula One and etc
• 39th on the Best Companies for Minorities List
• Sell vehicles in majority of countries.
• Ford always develop cars on standardized procedure.
• Alliances with Suzuki and Isuzu Motor Companies
• Technological Alliances with Toyota and Honda Motor Companies.
• Ford sold the UK based Jaguar and Land Rover companies and brands to Tata Motors of India in March 2008.
• The company sales are dropped in 2008 as compared to year 2007.
• Ford fired number of employees due to outsourcing.
• Firestone Tire recalls caused Stock Price to bear 14.70, Lowest in Years.
• Due to the diversity factor, it might lose focus on some lines
• Produce fuel efficient Cars in the upcoming years.
• Produce Hybrid cars in upcoming years.
• Invest on electric, hybrid and solar energy Vehicles.
• They have a change to become more environment friendly company.
• Enter into the Asian market.
• Joint ventures with other major competitors to combat recession.
• Initiate manufacturing operating in low cost countries.
• Giving more charities
• Rapid changes in fuel prices.
• Government regulation outside US.
• Long lasting recession in majority of countries.
• Hard competition from other motor vehicle companies like Toyota, TATA motors and etc.
• Variation in currency rates.
• Threats of substitutes
• Due to the recession ford face tough time to please its investors and employees.