• Target Corporation is the second larges retailer after Wal-Mart in US.
• It have the number of subsidiaries which includes Target Financial Services, Target Sourcing services, Target Commercial Interiors,Target Brands and Target.com.
• Huge market share in US.
• Large number of retail networks around 1500 stores.
• Increase sales after each year.
• Target stores have variety of products which includes clothing, shoes, jewelry, health and beauty products, electronics, compact discs, DVDs, bedding, kitchen supplies, sporting goods, toys, pet supplies, automotive supplies, and hardware supplies.
• It provides very good shopping environment for the customers
• Target Corporation running different type of stores such as Target Greatland, Super Target, and Urban Stores
• Strong distribution channels.
• Target Corporation differentiates itself from other competitors like Wal-Mart and Kmart. They believe in providing quality products to customer rather then cheap products.
• Target Stores are more attractive then Wal-Mart.
• Target Corporation is environment friendly they don’t sell firmarms, tobacco and toy guns.
• The top seller of Gift Cards in US.
• It donates huge amount of profits.To date, Target has given over $150 million to schools across the United States through this program.
• Target products are more expensive as compared to competitors.
• Limited visibility in International Market.
• Target Corporation brand awareness is low as compared to Wal-Mart.
• It not play music in stores.
• In Past several Lawsuits are filed against Company.
• It lack of labor Unions.
• Lack of living wage certification
• Several complaints of customer of mice in snack bars.
• Target Corporation should focus on cost cutting to reduce the prices of products.
• It should enter into untapped international markets.
• Brand Awareness program need to formulate.
• Formulation of labor Union is required to increase employee satisfaction.
• Increase market share
• Fierce competition from Wal-mart and Kmart.
• The current recession possibly divert the customer from high price products to low price products.
• Annual government taxes and increasing interest rates.
• Terrorism is increasing; security is the main concern of the customers.