SWOT analysis of News Corporation which is among the largest media conglomerate operating in multiple segments which include news, entertainment, advertising, direct broadcast satellite television, publishing and other assets.
News Corporation Strengths
Following are the strengths of News Corporation:
• Strong brand
• Competitive workforce
• It is amongst the top media conglomerate in terms of revenues.
• It has large number of subsidiaries and most of them are profitable and well-known.
• It is operating worldwide.
• It is public traded company listed in NASDAQ and secondary listed in Australian security exchange.
• Strong financials
• It has been very consistent in expansion.
• It is operating in eight segments which includes Television, entertainment, Cable TV, programming, newspapers, books publishing and etc.
News Corporation Weaknesses
Following are the weaknesses of News Corporation: [sky]
• Involve in different scandals which negatively impact its image,
• Decline in sales of publishing industry perhaps reduce the sales of News corporation
• Free downloading of movies has reduced the purchasing of DVD’s.
• Book publishing and magazines segment sales are low as compared to other segments of News corporation
• Lack of succession planning.
News Corporation Opportunities
Following are the opportunities available in the industry for News Corporation:
• Acquire online more news and magazine websites and blogs to increase its advertising profits.
• Online streaming services over internet.
• High demand for HDTV.
• Broadcasting market.
• Podcasting market
• Distance education via Television, online streaming and DVD’s
News Corporation Threats
Following are the threats which News Corporation has been facing:
• Alternative free sources of information on internet.
• Facing tough competition from the competitors which include The Wait Disney, Time Warner, CBS and Viacom.
• Increase in Piracy.
• ruction in purchasing of DVDs.
• Change in government regulation.