An evaluation culture is stated as the experimental society which makes the associates feel convenient and permanent residence in the society. It is observed that the demand and use of evaluation both are driven from the factors involves in the evaluation culture. Evaluation itself attains no significance unless the managers see their results in such perspectives and use it in making their models. Evaluation should not consider the value of program but it enhances the mission and evaluation culture is considered as the strongest part in achieving the organizational goals. .
Principle factors in the Formulation of Evaluation Culture
In order to develop evaluation culture with in the organization, one should understand the positive and productive aspects of evaluation as well as organizational culture. To build up the organizational culture, few aspects should be considered
• For the development of evaluation all the suitable staff should be involved and their involvement formulates the sense of possession.
• Many of the employees want to improve and enhance their work, so their findings should be evaluated properly and regularly reviewed.
• Top management which involves the top leadership and senior management must own and evaluate the findings and all the time they should be prepared to talk about the findings of evaluation.
Characteristics of Evaluation Culture
Following are the characteristics of an evaluation culture;
[large]In this perspective of evaluation culture, innovative approaches are encouraged at all the levels. This point of view tries to find out the solutions of all the problems. In the perception of action oriented one could not act for the sake of action but endeavor to access such actions.
This perspective focuses more on the unity of prescribed evaluation and normal routine thoughts. Most of these evaluations are simple, efficient, realistic and low cost. It is also understandable by the non technicians. In an organization evaluation is not related to some specific persons, it actually involves every group of employees working. It encourages every member in an organization and devoted the knowledge about the principles which one has.
Diverse, Wide ranging, Responsive and Essentially Non Hierarchal
As the solution to any problem is not achieved by the effortless “silver bullet”. Many of the essential problems are found methodical, interconnected and orderly related to the factors and causes of social and economic. So the widen variety of constituencies are created in order to solve such of these problems. The work at the end is known in a way that how it is accomplished with the significant methods of evaluation.
[linkunit]Another perception is about truth seeking and honesty which also straining on the scientific and accounting reliability. Most of the people came up with the thoughts of truthfulness and legality in the present-day societies. In many areas, where the people thoughts that the reality of life is not more than construction then for those people goal of seeking the truth is unfortunate and intolerable and science is related to coercion rather than enlightenment.
• Evaluation Journal of Australasia, Vol. 3 (new series), No. 1, August 2003, pp. 43–47.
• Taut, Sandy (2007). “Defining evaluation capacity building. Utility considerations” in The American Journal of Evaluation, 28 (1), pp. 120.
• www.socialresearchmethods.com, accessed on April 4, 2012.